Specialist Engineer - 31313
This vacancy has now expired.
Our Client is a world leading Automotive OEM which is responsible for some of the most iconic 4x4's & Sports Cars produced. Due to the huge demand for current models and substantial investment in future projects there is a requirement for more resources across the business in engineering & manufacturing on a contract basis.
Deceleration Performance Standards Engineer
The engineer in this role will be responsible for maintaining and updating existing standards and procedures and delivering new documents into the company's control system and ensure that they are cascaded in the appropriate way. This will in part require some measurement system or system technology advanced engineering. Interfacing with key stakeholders within the team to deliver appropriate requirements, test procedures and standards: Write up and gain approval for new requirements and procedures and publish these on the business' internal systems (S-Dots).
Create appropriate cascades for new requirements
Organisation of the regular TPJLR and Requirement meetings for DSA.
Aid with issue management & resolution where new requirements are applied using market data derived from customer feedback, warranty returns data and public domain surveys to develop new requirements for new and existing markets
Using lessons learnt from past programmes to develop new requirements to prevent re-occurrence of the same issues on new programmes Working with the DSA Technical Specialists to update the attribute Kano model Working with the DSA Technical Specialists and
PAT Leaders to prepare the annual attribute strategy review. Regular attendance at the weekly Attribute Management Meeting (ATTMAN)
3 KEY SKILLS
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills - able to confidently network with team members and present needs and requirements to senior management
- Broad knowledge of automotive braking systems and their application
- Ability to write clear concise and robust descriptions and instructions using unambiguous engineering terms
- Post graduation experience being responsible for innovation and new technology in an automotive manufacturer, first tier automotive supplier or similar related industry
- Experience of the mechanical design of Brakes components