Our Client is a world leading Automotive OEM which is responsible for some of the most iconic 4x4's & Sports Cars produced. Due to the huge demand for current models and substantial investment in future projects there is a requirement for more resources across the business in engineering & manufacturing on a contract basis.
We are continually looking for opportunities to improve how we work and to get even better at what we do. As part of this, we have identified the need to further improve our Programme delivery discipline. One of the ways in which we will do this is to revise and reinforce our Programme Attribute Team (PAT) structure.
This role will assume responsibility for supporting and planning PAT activities across a specific architecture (platform). The successful candidate will support the PAT Leader to ensure that all gateway deliverables are delivered on time and to the required standard in an efficient manner, with effective communication with the Programme teams, Vehicle Engineering and other interfacing functions.
In successfully fulfilling this role the candidate will be placed to further develop their career in technical programme management.
Support the Braking Attribute PAT Leaders by:
- Co-ordination of PDL responses, including resource requirements, vehicles, parts, facilities & instrumentation
- Gateway planning for both virtual and physical gateways
- Co-ordinating PAT meetings & tuning reviews to resolve issues and agree plans
- Assisting the preparation of programmes specific Braking input to Level 1 attribute meetings, Vehicle Line Director's meetings and other programme reviews
- Data management: maintaining programme metrics, resource planning and other business office demands
- Supporting programme, eg VITs where necessary #
- RMDV2 plannng and reporting
- Co-ordinating facility/vehicle availability/allocation to allow completion of requested DVP work
- Co-ordinate activities within a cross-functional team to deliver against gateway requirements
- Maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders
3 KEY SKILLS
1. Demonstrable record of project management within automotive or development environment
2. Understanding of automotive chassis and braking systems
3. Effective communication skills at all levels of the business
- Project Management
- High drive, self-motivated and able to deliver with minimum supervision.
- Able to communicate confidently within the business and the supply base.
- Engineering complex mechanical, hydraulic and electrical systems.
- Understanding of automotive chassis and braking systems.
- Confident in the application of FTEP quality and reliability disciplines, particularly FMEA.
- Candidates must be committed, flexible and able to work under pressure.
- Strong IT skills are required particularly in applications such as Google, Excel and Power Point.
- UK Full Cat B driving licence (or equivalent)
- Prior or Current JLR or Ford experience working to GPDS / PCDS and using eFDVS / RMDV
- Successful delivery of Brakes engineering module for an automotive OEM
- Experience in an automotive engineering or development environment
- Degree in a mechanical or automotive engineering discipline.
- Masters in Engineering or Business
Additional Information :
- The role will be Gaydon based, with occasional travel Key Word Search Criteria: ¿ Project/Programme Management ¿ Programme Planning ¿ Automotive Braking Systems
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.