Specialist Engineer - Durability - 30899
Our Client is a world leading Automotive OEM which is responsible for some of the most iconic 4x4's & Sports Cars produced. Due to the huge demand for current models and substantial investment in future projects there is a requirement for more resources across the business in engineering & manufacturing on a contract basis.
The position is for a Durability & Robustness PAT (attribute) leader who has the responsibility for the management and delivery of the Durability & Robustness attribute. This includes :- -Target setting & requirements management -Planning , management & report out of all Virtual, rig & driven Testing -Results and issue management including root cause analysis and resolution - requirement to oversee and conduct certain functional tests on an 'ad hoc' basis
3 KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
1. Skills & knowledge in automotive suspension systems, loads management & RLD including understanding of the Mechanics & Dynamics of structural systems
2. Management of projects. Excellent communication, and presentation skills.
3. Good knowledge of vehicle testing including strength & fatigue theory
- Candidate should have experience in vehicle testing (driven and/or rig with knowledge of chassis systems & load management. This should include knowledge of the RLD process & its application to testing on rigs and assessing system/component capacity versus demand.
- The candidate should also have project management experience . Minimum considered qualification is Mechanical or Automotive Engineering Degree.
- Hands on experience of vehicle testing for environmental, structural and system robustness verification
- A broad knowledge of Chassis, Body and Powertrain structures and major systems and their interactions
Additional Information :
Travel to MIRA & Whitley