Specialist Engineer - HMI - 30821
Our Client is a world leading Automotive OEM which is responsible for some of the most iconic 4x4's & Sports Cars produced. Due to the huge demand for current models and substantial investment in future projects there is a requirement for more resources across the business in engineering & manufacturing on a contract basis.
As part of the client drive to develop fully autonomous cars we are looking to recruit a highly experienced vehicle interaction designer to advance research activities. A major focus of this work will be to understand how to build deep trust in the technology so you will require a strong background in human psychology and how to interpret and influence behaviour. You will work in a dynamic multi disciplined team contributing to a series of collaborative research projects aimed at advancing knowledge and best practice for the introduction of autonomous vehicles in a wide variety of scenarios. You will be expected to gather and build research knowledge on human behaviour across a board range of sectors and then utilise this to rapidly develop UX concepts for experimental trials. Coordination of prototype development and construction and analysis of user trials in both real world and virtual reality environments will become increasing important aspects of the role.
3 KEY SKILLS
1. Substantial experience in developing user experience in an area that requires users to truly trust technology. Clearly transportation systems would be advantageous but areas such as robotics, user assistance, gaming and medical are just some examples from other relevant sectors
2. A strong education or track record of research into human behaviour, psychology and human factors.
3. A portfolio of UX project showing your ability to utilise logical and creative thinking to solve user interaction problems along with an ability to articulate your reasoning.
- Substantial experience in appropriate UX design (see skills above)
- Degree level qualification in psychology/human factors related area (or proven experience outside formal education)
1) Extensive experience in developing and analysing experiments and user trails
2) Strong communication skills and an ability to facilitate creative discussions at all levels
3) Strong knowledge of autonomous control systems and their limitations.
4) Experience working in multi-disciplined teams in an agile environment.