Specialist Engineer - Squeak & Rattle - 30464
Our Client is a world leading Automotive OEM which is responsible for some of the most iconic 4x4's & Sports Cars produced. Due to the huge demand for current models and substantial investment in future projects there is a requirement for more resources across the business in engineering & manufacturing on a contract basis.
Lead design reviews, plan and carry out testing to prevent squeak and rattle issues on new model and model year programmes.
1. Lead design reviews across all areas of the vehicle but with focus on the interior.
2. Plan vehicle requirements for physical test and ensure provision for these within the programme plan.
3. Plan testing and book facilities to carry this out.
4. Manage the S&R RMDV deck of requirements for each programme.
5. Complete NVH test reports for all tests.
6. Carry out design review work with all relevant design areas driving prevention and solution implementation with the design engineers and suppliers.
7. Raise AIMS as required on all issues through both virtual and physical phases of the programmes.
8. Support the S&R launch team on plant with vehicle testing, root cause analysis. Provide status reports for NMLR launch review meetings and attend as required to report out to senior management.
9. Lead root cause analysis and solution development.
10. Involve other members of the S&R team as needed.
11. Ensure new lesson learnt are recorded in the S&R Team data base.
12. Raise design rules and design requirements as needed.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
3 KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
1. Able to view and understand CAD geometry.
2. Planning skills
3. Presentation skills
Experience of S&R testing and root cause in environmental four post rigs and on test tracks is desirable. Experience of working in the manufacturing environment preferably with the motor industry. Ideally experienced in AIMS and Product Change Management Must hold a full valid UK driving licence with no more than 6 penalty points.
Educated to degree level or relevant equivalent experience.
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
Experience of working with an OEM automotive company within a Squeak and Rattle quality improvement team. Six sigma training and experience.
Prepared to work flexible hours when required by projects including evenings and weekends. Able to pass a client medical for hot and cold chamber testing / test driving. Gaydon based but with travel to other client sites and suppliers.