Specialist Engineer -Vehicle Safety - 31048
Our Client is a world leading Automotive OEM which is responsible for some of the most iconic 4x4's & Sports Cars produced. Due to the huge demand for current models and substantial investment in future projects there is a requirement for more resources across the business in engineering & manufacturing on a contract basis.
Vehicle Safety Delivery Engineer
The position is to deliver the agreed Vehicle Safety targets for model year and / or new product. The role requires the applicant to integrate the activities of design, package, occupant restraints, restraints electronics, BIW and other component groups to deliver safety performance. The role also includes planning and analysis of tests.
3 KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
1. Applicants must be familiar with Vehicle Safety integration and testing activity.
2. Applicants must be familiar with aspects of vehicle , legal and consumer safety standards.
3. Applicants must be familiar with vehicle structural load paths and crash energy management, and occupant crash protection
- Minimum HND (Preferred Degree), coupled to experience of working in a Vehicle Safety Delivery Environment.
- The applicant should be able to critique system and component design and CAE model output, but is not expected to build or run CAE