Sr. Contracts Specialist
Our client is a Multinational Chemical company which will construct, own and operate a world-scale integrated chemicals complex in Saudi Arabia. Once completed, the complex will represent the largest petrochemical facility ever built in a single phase. Our client will establish a world-scale manufacturing footprint that delivers a full range of value-added, performance products destined for the emerging markets of Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and Africa.
Managing contracting activities for capital projects up to a value of 250 MM USD. Apply extensive and highly specialized knowledge of contract management and principles and practices on small, medium to large projects in broad areas of assignments in order to design and oversee assigned engineering, procurement and construction projects in the chemical industry Responsibility for all kind of engineering, procurement and / or construction contracts as well as for service contracts. Development of contract strategies and contract drafts for the clients capital projects as well as active contribution to contract negotiations with bidders. Put through the client's contractual agreed rights. Key role player in claim management and disputes, if any.
1. Development and application of contracting procedures for the clients capital projects.
2. Development and application contracting plans and strategies for the clients capital projects.
3. Development and application qualification procedures for engineering, procurement and construction contractors and periodically review of the same.
4. Ensure together with the Project Engineer that ITB (contract appendices) or other tender documents and the contracts / purchase orders are “sound”, without contradictions.
5. Evaluate bids: Compare their content regarding compliance, contractually and commercially with the drafted contract and ITB, arrange and facilitate bid clarification meetings with the contractors and vendors / manufacturers and recommend a bidder based on project specific transparent and applicable evaluation criteria.
6. Attend in complex claim assessments and drive dispute resolutions.
7. Attends actively in project risk assessments and develops risk mitigation plans.
8. Contributes to project audits.
9. Performs audits at the premises of potential contractors or service providers.
10. Ensure that the clients business ethics are adhered to and that all contractors, consultants, vendors, manufacturers and service providers are treated in a fair way.
11. Support the Project Lead Engineer / Project Engineer preparing contractual letters like defects, NCRs, claims, warnings, clarifications, notifications of default, etc.
12. Attendance in regular / routine project meetings
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Bachelor of Science degree in any Engineering discipline– Chemical / Industrial Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or Electrical or Civil Engineering or in Economic Science or Legal Science
• Strong years of project contracting/administration; showing continuous experience during all phases of project execution from FEED to Mechanical Completion, Commissioning and Start-up. Experience with big international EPC or EPCm projects (>100 mil USD) is of advantage.