oil and gas company
* Responsible for creating an end-to-end test plan; executing the plan and managing all activities in the plan to ensure that all the objectives are met and that the solution works as expected.
* Ensures that testing is well defined, planned and executed.
* Makes decisions and recommendations on highly technical or complex issues and without formal guidelines or precedents and exercises resourcefulness and ingenuity to interpret policy Duties:
* Executes testing of every phase and feature of a highly complex solution to identify potential issues and fixes before the product goes live Provides leadership to others
* Responsible for testing solution in terms of functionality, performance, reliability, stability and compatibility with other legacy- and / or external systems
* Gathers requirements from various sources, including interviews with programmers and business users, project documentation, and bug reports.
* Creating and maintaining functional, integration, end-to-end, performance, and load tests.
* Develops test plans and test scripts that will demonstrate that project deliverables meet the business requirement Writing detailed bug reports and fixes.
* Assessing quality and associated risk.
* Liaises with the Business Lead to confirm test results and obtain business acceptance
* May participate in application functional and/or technical design reviews as described in the Quality Management plan
* Coordinates system integration, load and regression testing.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Bachelors degree required
* 10+ years experience
* Experience with agile required.
* Knowledge of commercial pipeline applications, and VisualStudio and .NET development experience are assets.
* Oil and gas experience required. Midstream experience preferred
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.