Our client is a Multinational Chemical company which will construct, own and operate a world-scale integrated chemicals complex in Saudi Arabia. Once completed, the complex will represent the largest petrochemical facility ever built in a single phase. Our client will establish a world-scale manufacturing footprint that delivers a full range of value-added, performance products destined for the emerging markets of Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and Africa.
Develops and manage project schedule in alignment with project scope and project execution plan for each project phase. Support Project Lead Engineers and Project Engineers during schedule evaluations and reviews. Monitoring of project progress in each project phase, in house and in cooperation with contractors
Contributes to the development of the contracting strategy.
Promote Schedule Management discipline knowledge exchange and quality application is used aligning with the clients requirement.
Utilize planning and scheduling experience and available tools (Primavera experience required; Ms-Project) to develop/monitor/assess/analyze project schedules for / of all project phases and advise Project Lead Engineer and the Project Engineer about findings.
Suggestion of recovery plans in case of delays
Analyze multiple project schedules prepared by others and demonstrate capability to challenge accuracy and completeness.
Reviews proactively the project schedule and informs Project Lead Engineer and Project Engineer PE about potential delays
Ensures proper Progress Management Practices are implemented to ensures accurate progress reporting and forecasting.
Using negotiating skills to represent the client's interest in discussions with third party contractors, vendors, manufacturers with regard to project schedules and progress measurement and reporting.
Ensures accurate understanding of schedule by working closely with Project Team members to understand scope and details of project.
Analyze Contractor Schedule to determine schedule risks and make recommendations to Owner Team for mitigation areas.
Contribute to cost estimates and bid evaluations of analysis of change orders
Attends project team meetings like internal routine meetings and progress meetings, audits, lessons learned and close out meetings
contributes to the development of project contract strategies
Follow the GMP work processes
Support senior management for capital planning.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Essential: Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical, Mechanical Engineering or any related engineering degree.
1. Experience in skills and competencies within project controls, with experience focused in Schedule Management. Experience encompasses Front End Loading Phase through Commissioning and Startup Phase, Home Office and Field Office experience
2. Extensive knowledge in Schedule development and management through many small complex capital project and / or through various mega projects.
3. Working knowledge/experience in Planning and Scheduling Tools (Primavera, MS-Project, Risk Assessment Tools, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint, MS-Microsoft Word, Sharepoint, SAP).
4. Basic Project Management principles
5. Good understanding of contractual principles (e.g. LSTK, EPCM contracts)
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.