Our client is a Multinational Chemical company which will construct, own and operate a world-scale integrated chemicals complex in Saudi Arabia. Once completed, the complex will represent the largest petrochemical facility ever built in a single phase. Our client will establish a world-scale manufacturing footprint that delivers a full range of value-added, performance products destined for the emerging markets of Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and Africa.
Coordinate project and discipline engineering, procurement and construction activities (FEL to project completion) related to project execution on small, medium and large projects to support continuous development and improvement of the clients site and organization. Responsible for the consistency, quality and compliance to the clients requirements throughout the project life cycle
1. Ensure the use of the GPM as implemented in the clients, during all phases of the project.
2. Support the Project Leader to ensure that the clients directions and objectives are met and Project Goals are set supporting those.
3. Ensure project scope, schedule and cost are clearly defined, closely coordinated, consistently monitored and controlled throughout the project cycle. Reports any deviation and proposes corrective action(to ensure the project goals for safety, schedule, cost, and quality are met
4. Contribute to the development of the Project Execution Plan ensuring high quality, all Project Phases up to and including Project Closure are considered and is aligned with the Stakeholders expectations.
5. Set priorities for work execution and handle them one at a time looking at the "big picture"
6. Recommends improvements, ideas to work processes, policies, procedures, and design at every opportunity that will result in either schedule improvement or cost saving.
7. Support Project Leaders in the coordination of Team Building and Team Integration related activities. Facilitates new team members integration process.
8. Facilitate team meetings and interactions promoting excellent communication with all team members and teamwork spirit
9. Owner focal point for the assembly of the required EPC Inquiry/Award packages. Support the Project Leaders along the bidding and award process.
10. Monitor, facilitate and participate in project reviews as required (Gates reviews, and Bench Marking) and Project requirements.
11. Utilize and coordinate functional department's resources as required to support the projects under his responsibility.
12. Facilitate Risk Management Identification Process and act as Focal Point for Risk Management Plan.
13. Drive Interface Management Coordination Process and support resolution of critical conflicts.
14. Champion the Scope Change Management Process internally and externally with involved contractors, administering and coordination resolutions.
15. Support alignment with EH&S and manufacturing strategy and deliverables.
16. Support compliance with safety principles applicable to the project
17. Support implementation of constructability concepts
18. Drive Project Close out including transfer of project documentation into the operating asset and documenting key project learning experiences in the Project Closure Report.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Essential: Bachelor of Science degree in any Engineering disciplines - Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
* Some experience in working in chemical or petrochemical projects is an asset.
* Project and Engineering Management
* Demonstrates a broad background in process and equipment technology and their design principles. Demonstrates good experience with all phases of project execution from Conceptual Design/FEL to Mechanical Completion, Commissioning and Startup. Experience with international projects is a plus.
* Application of MS office programs (WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT, OUTLOOK)
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
* Places Safety as the top priority for self and the rest of the team
* Project and Engineering Management experiences & competencies
* Strong ability to motivate and manage teams
* Organizational skills
* Good stress management
* Good time management
* High degree of self motivation
* Social competence / ability to work in a multi-cultural work environment
* Good understanding of contractual principles (e.g. LSTK, EPCM contracts)
* Strong drive to deliver results within budget and schedule
* Good Communication and Presentation skills
* Strong ability to solve conflicts and problems
* Good English oral and written Communication & Collaboration skills
* High Quality and Reliable Work
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.