Oil & Gas
This vacancy has now expired.
Site Safety Advisor for the project to monitor field, coach workers, assess work processes, work with PT to identify/eliminate hazards & unsafe acts/conditions, & achieve injury free work place.
Position will monitor site work permit system compliance, advise PT of safety requirements, regulations, & best practices, participate in accident investigations, & closely coordinate with contractor/company to identify/eliminate unsafe conditions/acts.
Must be proficient in LPS, BBS, Take Time for Safety;
have recent BMT Refinery experience; proficient in IMPACT;
have technical certification (CSP,NEBOSH);
have accident investigation/case mgt experience, & strong communication/interpersonal skills.
Coordinate & lead safety related activities for Projects
Liaise & support Affiliates safety groups & coordinate with Projects
Coordinate the safety resource requirements for Affiliate & Projects
Support the project by development, coordination, consultation & implementation of a systematic approach to safety management through the application of the Project Safety Management System
Familiar with industry & safe work practices & standards
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
BS of Science equivalent; Safety Certifications desirable
- 6+ years of experience in Oil & Gas project construction experience
- 6+ years of safety experience with a major Oil company
- 5+ years of experience in a safety management role
- 5+ years of good working knowledge of industry practices & standards
- Ability to work in a challenging work environment
- Ability to work in a developing contracting community
- Ability to work with multi-discipline team
- Full conversant with the techniques & technology of developing & implementing & effective safety management program
- Ability to influence both site teams & contractors to improve safety performance
- Knowledge of Incident Reporting Guidelines & the investigation process