Our Client is an O&G exploration and production company based in Aberdeen who operate in the North Sea. They have interests in a large number of fields, the majority of which they operate, on the UK Continental Shelf with numerous offshore installations and one onshore terminal.
The Statutory Accountant is primarily responsible for assisting the Reporting Accountant in the preparation and review of legal entity financial statements for our Client, including consolidated financial statements and financial information for the Board of Directors. The Statutory Accountant is also involved in resolving audit queries and providing general support to the corporate reporting team with regard to booking statutory accounting entries.
- Preparation and review of annual legal entity financial statements, including consolidated financial statements prepared under IFRS and company accounts prepared under FRS101 (IFRS with reduced disclosures).
- Preparation of financial information for Board Meetings.
- In conjunction with Client Tax Team, supply accurate information as required for tax provisioning, tax returns and for tax planning purposes.
- Assisting the external audit process by providing information and resolving audit queries.
- Provide guidance and support to corporate reporting team with aim to ensure efficient and accurate production of required financial reports.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- ICAS exam qualified.
- O&G industry experience
- Experience in preparation and review of financial statements
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
- SAP experience preferred
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.