Structural Welding Inspector
Oil & Gas
This vacancy has now expired.
• Support all HES Activities / Initiatives
• Observe for unsafe acts / unsafe conditions and raise observation cards.
• Participate in Behavioral Based Safety (BBS).
• Fully support and participate in all Injury and Incident Free (IIF) initiatives.
• Compliance with Ethics policies.
• Adheres to Project Execution Procedures.
• Reporting to Quality Manager –Shinhan Yard
• Verification and monitoring of contractor and sub-contractors quality control activities for module fabrication
• Verify compliance to Project Quality Plan, specifications and standards
• Monitor and verify WPS, PQR and welder qualification tests
• Monitor progress of all quality, inspection and testing activities against contractor and sub-contractor ITP’s
• Monitor process controls for welding and NDE of all steel work fabrication
• Ensure all QC procedures and process controls are being implemented within all areas of the fabrication site and project
• Provide technical competence and quality/inspection verification of work conformance to Project requirements
• Review and verify manufacturing records for accuracy including weld records, weld maps and as built drawings
• Monitor implementation of company, project and sub-contract HSE policies and procedures
• Contribute inputs into the QC Module Team
• Certified as an American Welding Society CWI, CSWIP 3.1/3.2 Certified Welding Inspector, or company approved equivalent.
• Demonstrated background and knowledge of industry codes such as, ASME Section V and XI, AWS D1.1. Awareness regarding requirements of ISO 10005, EN3834-2 and others applicable to responsibilities.
• Understanding of NDE techniques and methods: RT, UT, MPI.