Power & Energy
Our client is an Engineering Services company, who are an international technical consultancy, providing a range of services including licence to operate, asset management, manufacturing improvement and capital investment to customers in the chemical, petrochemical, oil & gas, pharmaceutical, manufacturing and consumer industries worldwide
Ensure the correct handling of all contractual and risk aspects along the different stages (supply evaluation, contract negotiation and claim management) of subcontract management in a large project environment. Work in close cooperation with Operations, Project and Supply Chain Management and internal functions.
An exciting opportunity has been created for a Subcontracts Manager to move into the EPC Projects Business. This position will support the EPC Projects Business to successfully deliver projects and the achieve business objectives whilst achieving commercial advantage.
The position of Subcontracts Manager will have a variety of responsibilities comprised in different functions of the role including, but not limited to:
- Working with Project Commercial Manager to develop subcontracts used in projects, may at times be required to assist in development of Project documentation.
- Working with the Tendering team to assist in the tender, evaluation and award recommendation of contracts with regards to job scopes and specifications.
- Responsible for evaluating tenders to ensure compliance with contractual terms and pricing structure.
- Ensures appropriate completion of all documentation relating to subcontracts during tendering process, participates in internal project risk reviews where relevant, and ensures proper follow-up and completion of all agreed mitigation measures.
- Will assist in the negotiation and resolution of contractual matters as well as expediting the timely execution of the agreement, supported by the Project Commercial Manager.
- Responsible for the on-going administration of the subcontracts during project execution ensuring that the pricing and the work is proceeding in accordance with the agreements.
- Prepares subcontract documentation deliverables.
- Prepares project specific procedures regarding claims notification and documentation towards, suppliers, and insurance.
- Assisting with negotiation of changes to the subcontract agreements or additions to the agreements.
- Responsible for administering changes in accordance with procedures set forth within the subcontract agreements.
- Responsible for administering holdbacks and retentions when required.
- Provide regular reports on the status of contractual matters and oversee the
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- Experience in preparing and development of Tender documentation in line with Procurement Process
- Contract Negotiation skills
- Contract Management skills
- An understanding of Legal Terms and Conditions
- Communication skills and Interpretation of Business requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational skills and the ability to self-manage various procurement activities
- Ability to build constructive and effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Solid knowledge of Procurement and business practices
- Good resource for educating internal departments
- Excels at guideline and tools development
- Attention to detail
- Good understanding of Contracts & Projects Environment, preferably the EPC industry