Subsea Marine Operations Engineer (Bundles)
Oil & Gas
initially 6 months
Monitor and manage all Marine Ops/offshore installation aspects of Subsea EPIC Bundles Installation.
This role will be based in Aberdeen with visits to Contract Site. There will also be ad-hoc trips to China/Europe.
**** The role will initially be PART-TIME (minimum 2 days per week) increasing to FULL TIME (5 days per week) 3 weeks in advance of bundle installation mobilisation - provisionally mid-January 2017. 7 days per week working may be approved as required during mobilisation and offshore campaigns.
•Provide technical support on Bundles installation to the Subsea Project Engineering Team
•Review Contractor construction and installation procedures for bundle installation/ other
•Manage marine interfaces between Subsea EPIC contractor and other parts of WIDP
•Ensure procedures/documentation are subject to HAZOP / HAZID / Risk Assessment
•Attend relevant Project risk assessments, kick-off meetings
•Attend Bundle Launch Mobilization
•Review and monitor EPIC Contractors installation schedules
•Report schedule and progress to Subsea Delivery Team
•Manage the Subsea Technical Interfaces relating to the Bundles installation
INTERNAL (direct and functional reporting relationships, interaction within and between departments and units)
•Subsea Delivery Manager and Subsea Project engineering Team
•Company Offshore Representatives
•QA/QC and HSSE
•QC Site Inspectors
•Project Insurance coordinator and Broker
•Commercial Negotiators / legal advisor
(liaison requirements with other companies, contractors, suppliers, consultants, agencies, professional association and peer groups.)
• Subsea EPIC Contractor Subsea 7
• Contractor’s Project management, teams, QA/QC and HSSE
• Subcontractor and suppliers
• Marine Warranty Surveyors / IVB
• Based either in Aberdeen or at Contractor sites as required
• Offshore during bundles installation campaign (must possess all relevant requirements to be offshore ready if required (medical, survival, EBS, etc)
• Role will initially be part time (minimum 2 days per week, with additional hours approved in advance), increasing to full time (5 days per week) 3 weeks in advance of bundle installation mobilization - provisionally mid-January 2017. 7 days per week working may be approved as required during mobilizations and offshore campaigns.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Engineering degree plus minimum experience in a similar role.
• Extensive Knowledge of bundles installation both offshore and onshore
• Knowledge of bundles installation analysis and procedures
• Offshore experience of bundles installation
• Extensive experience in EPIC delivery projects.
• Thorough working knowledge of all applicable legislation, codes and standards.
• Technical knowledge of the production and installation of subsea equipment.
• Leadership skills in managing all interfaces with subcontractors
• Good communication skills combined with an ability to interface/influence at all levels, using a diverse range of engagement styles as required to achieve the project objectives.
• Ability to work in an integrated project organisation where effective team work is essential to meet the project objectives.
• Project success focused and able to demonstrate initiative in a constructive manner
• Demonstrate ability to effectively manage and c