Subsurface Helpdesk Analyst
This vacancy has now expired.
a major oil and gas operator
The Subsurface Helpdesk Analyst will play a key role in providing user facing support to roughly 300 geologists, geophysicists and engineers. Main responsibilities will be providing hardware/software troubleshooting support for level 1 and 2 issues via our Subsurface helpdesk and in person. This includes answering a critical support hotline(8am-5pm) and responding to support tickets. This position will also be responsible for supporting our large format plotters and printing software.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Provide high level of user facing desktop support and repairs for technical workstations
• Ability to troubleshoot and repair hardware problems
• Answer emergency support hotline during business hours
• Image, refresh and deploy workstations to users
• Provide minor break-fix support for wide format plotters and keep them stocked with ink/paper
• Maintain accurate inventory records of hardware
• Maintain excellent customer service skills and professional appearance at all times
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• At least 5 years IT experience, preferably 2 or more of those within an Oil and Gas Environment
• At least 5 years of experience in a user facing desktop support role
• Experience with/troubleshooting blade server technology.
• Experience with wide-format plotters/printers. Understanding of print management software a plus.
• Basic understanding of the oil and gas industry
• Strong understanding of the Windows O/S. Experience with HP Remote Graphics Software a plus.
• Ability to independently troubleshoot and resolve issues
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in MIS, Computer Science or related fields
• Experience will be considered in lieu of degree