Supplier Development Engineer - 30994
Our Client is a world leading Automotive OEM which is responsible for some of the most iconic 4x4's & Sports Cars produced. Due to the huge demand for current models and substantial investment in future projects there is a requirement for more resources across the business in engineering & manufacturing on a contract basis.
Development of the strategic plan that assesses and continuously improves supplier compliance to the clients Global MP&L supply chain standards.
Supplier Development are responsible for ensuring the clients adopts and develops innovative supply chain solutions to drive efficiency and cost optimisation across all freight and contract logistics operations scope..
Global first tier supply base to all the clients manufacturing operations - Tier 1 supplier contracted 3PL sequencing centres, Tier 1 Build to Sequence operations
Personal Profile Essential:
- Excellent Interpersonal / people skills.
- Ability to Lead and Direct.
- Willingness to work any shift pattern including weekends
- Willingness to travel globally at short notice
- Will challenge current practices
- Flexible approach to achieve Business Goals.
Location: Possibly Halewood also.
3 KEY SKILLS REQUIRED:
1)(Supply Chain Management, Launch, Operations Management, Vehicle Scheduling / Production Control, Logistics Engineering
2)Excellent communication and presentation skills are essential
3)High levels of personal organisation and motivation are essential.
- Leadership experience in multiple logistics disciplines (Supply Chain Management, Launch, Operations Management, Vehicle Scheduling / Production Control, Logistics Engineering).
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong influencing skills
- Ability to lead senior representatives in supplier environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills are essential
- High levels of personal organisation and motivation are essential.
- Ability to work under pressure and have high personal resilience.
- Flexibility and commitment as travel may be extensive in the UK and overseas.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are important to communicate across all levels and these should be combined with a confident attitude.
- Ability to work in a disciplined and controlled manner
- Can demonstrate strong numerical and analytical skills
- Understands lean production principles
- Operations Management background
- Degree qualified