Accessibility Links
  • Job reference: RMS0106317

Sustainability and Communications Specialist

  • Sector: Engineering
  • Location: London
  • Job type: Contract
  • Date posted: 20/02/2012
This vacancy has now been filled.

Click one of the boxes below to view similar jobs or send us your CV.
Send jobs like this to my email    What's this?
The Company:
Our Client is a Leading Global Operator in the Oil and Gas Industry.

The Role:
Our client is looking for an exceptional candidate to support the Upstream Global Supply Chain Sustainability agenda and to manage internal communications for our client’s Upstream Global Supply Chain Management (SCM) team.

The position will be accountable for implementing and sustaining a highly focused business communication strategy and for supporting the Supply Chain Sustainability agenda. Accordingly, the post holder will:

Support Supply Chain Sustainability initiatives which will include:
o Refresh the Supply Chain Sustainability Roadmap
o Development of the Upstream ‘Local Content’ vision and strategy. Local Content is a term used in the Oil & Gas sector relating to local supplier development, local workforce development, and community projects
o Pilot test the Local Content toolkit in the Upstream Regions
o Update procurement processes to address Local Content, Human Rights / Labour Rights, and Green Supply Chain requirements

• Be accountable for SCM Communications:
o Develop and implement a robust communications strategy for the SCM team
o Produce high quality communications content including newsletters
o Manage the SCM intranet (sharepoint) site

The post holder is expected to spend around 70% of his/her time supporting the Sustainability agenda and the remaining 30% of his/her time on communications.

Essential Skills / Qualifications:
A business or sustainability related degree, or a degree in journalism or communications

To be considered for the role applicants must have:

• A passion for sustainability/corporate social responsibility, and experience in this area
• Proven communications skills and demonstrated excellence in writing and presenting complex information in compelling, easily understood ways for varied internal and external audiences
• Ability to communicate consistently and frequently, through multiple channels, including face-to-face, writing, training, focus groups, bulletin boards, Intranets
• The ability to think strategically and perform tactically at the same time
• Excellent people orientation, interpersonal sensitivity, inclusive style and strong personal impact
• Strong and effective networking and influencing abilities
Similar jobs
David Hawkins
Control Systems Senior Development Engineer Location North East England Duration permanent The Role: What are the key responsibilities? Take an active...
Lucy Woodrow
Graduate Quality Assurance Engineer Location Stone, Staffordshire Duration permanent The Role: We have an exciting opportunity for an engineering...
Daniel Vincan
Graduate Electrical Engineer - Automation Location Perth, Western Australia Duration permanent The Role: We are looking to assist an Electrical Engineering...

Back to Top

By clicking "Save" you consent to
receiving matching jobs based on the
job/page you are viewing by email from
Fircroft, as detailed in our privacy policy
Fircroft would like to keep you up to date with our current vacancies and latest company updates via email. Occasionally Fircrofts marketing may contain 3rd party or affiliate information, however we will not share your personal data with any 3rd parties without your consent. From time to time, we might contact you to get your views on the service you have received. To help you get the best out of Fircroft, we may personalise them based on your location and how you use
Fircroft would like to keep you up to date with the latest company updates and vacancies via SMS / Text messages
Your consent options above means that Fircroft cannot contact you about any new or alternative career vacancies. If you want Fircroft to only contact you about the role(s) you have applied for please continue, however if you would like to be considered for other positions please allow us to contact you by changing one or more of the above consent.