Is a leading Automotive manufacturer with a reputation for outstanding quality the world over. With demand increasing and an upturn in production, there is a need to bring further skills into the business to deliver on current and future projects.
To achieve availability and customer satisfaction targets in line with departmental objectives. Responsible for the management and development of suppliers, expediting in excess of 10,000 unique part lines ensuring that all parts are delivered to Aftersales delivery schedules.
Order placement and communication
- Raise orders on SAP / POPIMS and schedule orders on suppliers.
- Obtain and confirm delivery dates with relevant supply areas .
- Expedite delivery where necessary from failing suppliers.
- Communicate critical supply issues both internally / externally.
- Work closely with suppliers to ensure that delivery dates are met, by expediting all orders.
- Monitor Supplier Performance, escalating where needed.
- Establishing recovery plans with underperforming suppliers.
- Confirm advised delivery dates for past due schedules.
- Communicate latest status of parts via PCMS and BICS.
- Prepare reports and compile information as required to assist in the management of suppliers.
Supply route investigation
- Identify parts which cannot be sourced / manufactured via the historical supply route, liaising with the Aftersales buyers to obtain alternative supply routes.
- Working with Logistics functions to establish and resolve inbound transport issues.
- Investigating booking in issues at the warehouse to prevent invoice queries.
- Assist with the resolution of quality and engineering issues.
Backorder / VOR process
- Investigate urgent dealer requirements and liaise with Logistics and production areas where required to resolve shortages.
- Coordinate delivery with Aftersales warehouse personnel.
- Liaise with Dealer Support Team to provide updates for dealers worldwide.
Skills and Experience
- Previous demonstrable experience in an inventory planning and supply chain management role.
- Experience of negotiation with suppliers.
- Excellent communication skills across all levels.
- The ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with suppliers.
- Analytical approach to problem solving.
- Working knowledge of SAP ERP.
- Knowledge of an Aftersales environment.
- Experience of Logistics shipping processes.
- A good standard of education is preferred with a good grade GCE / GCSE pass in English Language and Mathematics.
- ECDL (European Computer Driving Licence) would be advantageous.
- NVQ level 3 in supply chain management would be advantageous.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.