This vacancy has now expired.
Is a leading Automotive manufacturer with a reputation for outstanding quality the world over. With demand increasing and an upturn in production, there is a need to bring further skills into the business to deliver on current and future projects.
Main Purpose of Role
To develop, release and deliver a range of automotive electro-mechanical assemblies such as individual switches, multi switch assemblies, roof modules, HVAC control units, infotainment control devices, keys etc.
Scope of Role
- Concept Design
- Specification Generation
- Final Design & Release
- Project Management
- Validation Plan Generation & Management
- Cross Functional Communication
- Qualified to HND (minimum) in electrical/electronics but mechanical qualifications with relevant experience would be considered
- The applicant will be able to demonstrate a track record of success in the development and coordination of components and systems.
- A proactive approach with a clear focus on working collaboratively with suppliers and developing good working relationships.
Experience in the development of automotive electro-mechanical assemblies such as switches and multi switch assemblies. For example:
- Seat movement/seat comfort switches
- Door locking switches
- Column Modules (wiper/lights)
- Steering wheel switches
- HVAC control units
- Roof modules
The applicant should be able familiar with working with design engineers in a CAD based environment for component design and development.
Knowledge of CATIA V5 and an understanding of the LCA environment for engineering design is a benefit but not essential as training will be given.