SWITCHING SYSTEMS TECHNICIAN
To submit a Maintenance Service Order and fault report for all assigned incidents.
To perform the maintenance of the regional telephone main equipment and respond to faults, covered within these duties include a range of traditional telephony systems and IP Call Manager Systems, including but not limited to Cisco, Ericsson MD110, Nortel Meridian, Mitel SX2000, Lucent Definity, Ericsson AXE 10, Phillips Sopho and other miscellaneous small PABX and Key systems.
To perform On the Job Familiarisation for the designated SANG Technicians assigned to the section.
To assist in the installation of system enhancements and expansions as required.
To be conversant with the contents of all relevant SANG documentation, specifically the procedures applicable to the Switching Systems, and are understood by all departmental switching system technicians.
To carry out any other ancillary tasks related to the main job function as delegated by the Switching Systems Team Leader.
To be prepared to serve at other nationwide SANG locations as and when required.
To be prepared to be called out at any time night or day to attend and resolve faults as required.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
1. A recognized post secondary education qualification and apprenticeship in the Telecommunications field.
2. Must have suitable industry qualifications relevant to the role being applied for, or the demonstrable equivalent relevant industry experience.
3. At least 3 years general experience in the relevant discipline.
4. Must be fluent in spoken and written English.
5. Must have experience of outside working practices in a Middle East environment and climate.
6. Must be able to follow instructions and orders from Line Management.