System Integration Test Engineer
Power & Energy
Our client is a Global Research and Development engineering group and one of the world’s largest electronics manufacturers
As a System Integration Test Engineer you will provide technical leadership and ownership. You will design and implement test systems to demonstrate the functionality and complex interactions of domestic energy metering products. Working with a team of engineers you will own and deliver solutions to meet the requirements of the business and customers.
This role includes leadership, technical decision making whilst still enabling you to be personally involved in the design of products and technology research. You will be the technical interface to the product managers and to customers, allowing you to further develop your career with the business. We will provide training opportunities and the culture of continuous personal development.
The System Integration Test Engineer will learn customer and market requirements, along with the detailed product design documentation.
• Definition of design validation test plans to ensure that the product complies with the specification.
• Technical support during the validation process. You will be able to analyse failures to root cause, then design updates to the product to ensure compliance of product.
• Work with the design manager to plan timeline and budget for projects.
• Work with a team of Test, Software, Electronics and Mechanical engineers within a global organisation.
• Ensure that your team works efficiently to meet deadlines.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
As a System Integration Test Engineer you will have a Minimum BEng/ BSc in software / electronic / Physics / other technical discipline.
• Experience of working in an engineering and testing environment.
• Knowledge of software development.
• Experience of using test tools.
• Use of a software version control system.
• Knowledge of whole lifecycle development.
• Experience of working at a technical level with customer representatives.
• Good team player with Experience of leading other engineers
• Good communicator and strong technical documentation skills.
• Flexible and adaptable, able to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
• Business acumen, the ability to understand business needs as well as technical needs of the project.
• Experience of working and testing against product specifications.
• Positive “Can-Do” attitude and the motivation to make a big difference in the business performance.
• Travel to Integration Test Events at customer sites.
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
Knowledge and experience of programming
• Working knowledge of process improvement i.e. Lean, Six Sigma.
• Not afraid to question
• A passion for learning.