System-Wide ITC Manager
Purpose of the job (explain in a few sentences the primary purpose of this position and its major objectives; it may help to fill out the key responsibilities first)
System-wide ITC Manager to be responsible to deliver the installation, test and commissioning activities for the BTS Green Line Extension project at the Consortium level. The responsibility includes coordination and planning and lead the execution of all system-wide E&M work packages including signaling, telecom, SCADA, PSD, Power ensuring all technical interface between all sub-systems are fully integrated for the entire project for both the on-board and wayside systems into revenue operations.
Key responsibilities (describe key responsibilities in order of importance and specify the approximate amount of time, e.g. in % related to the typical business cycle)
1. Planning and Coordination –
• Plan and provide progress update site ITC activities in accordance to the rolling programme and actual site progress. In event of any delays, develop recovery plan and require all consortium members to follow the same plan.
• Liaise with customer and other consortium work package partners on possession management
• Management and administration of site office
• Prepare installation, test & commissioning procedures, plans and follow up with submissions and clients comments in system-wide level
• Coordinate with partner and sub-contractor(s) at the consortium level undertaking the Installation & Test & Commissioning activities.
• Manage specialists from each work package partners and assure their ability to execute their individual tasks properly and efficiently.
• Liaise with procurement and logistics on material deliveries for each work package partners based on the site activities forecast.
• Assure sites are properly stocked with installation and test tools while test tools are periodically calibrated per BT required standards for all consortium members.
• Meet with customer and support Project Director with customer meetings.
• Ensure each work package contractors align with the same ITC process. If different work packages have different ITC process, require to align all with BT’s ITC process as the lead consortia. 30 %
2. Installation Activities –
• Monitor the site installation activities and supervision of sub-contractors /partner undertaking installation of system-wide equipment.
• Assure quality inspections are performed on material and assemblies.
• Assure equipment is properly stored prior installation.
• Ensure sub-contractor’s quality of work achieves the desirable quality level, with proper inspections and audits regularly.
• Provide action plan to rectify any anomalies found at site.
• Record and register installation test records.
• Work with design team for all work packages for the evolution of drawings (ie. mark-up, modification sheets and transmittals) until the as-build stage.
• Ensure all interfaces between work packages are fully integrated at the installation stage 30 %
3. Test and Commissioning –
• Preparation of test & commissioning plans and procedures for all system-wide work packages and obtain approval prior to commencement of site works.
• Support site test and commissioning activities, including functional tests, interface test between work packages and System Integration Test and System Interaction Test and ensure that all system-wide interfaces properly tested.
• Troubleshoot and rectify failures occurs during T&C phase.
• Liaise with design team / suppliers for any design changes and modifications necessary subject to test results
• Record, report, and endorse test results for all work packages. Regularly inspect test records from sub-contractor / consortium partners ensuring the test results in-line with the technical specifications.
• Ensuring that testing activities are carried out in timely, logical and cost effective manners.
• Create and maintain NCR for problems found at site and liaise with Engineering team to propose action plan.
• Develop productive relationships with clients teams to ensure successful handover and post-implementation operation of projects. 30 %
4. Health, Safety and Environmental –
• Strictly follow the safety rules, regulations and procedures as stated in the safety plan for internal staff and subcontractor(s) working at site for all consortium members.
• Ensure all activities comply with BT’s OH&S policies and procedures.
• Working in a safe manner and notifying management of any areas which safety can be improved.
• Promote and enforce safety awareness to the team and sub-contractors, by regular safety briefing sessions.
• Periodic site HSE audits for all consortium work packages 10 %
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
Qualifications & Functional Knowledge
• Bachelor's Degree in Telecommunication, Electrical Engineering or related fields
Relevant experience required (i.e. directly linked to the requirements of the position/role)
Specialized or cross-functional knowledge / relevant experience required by the position/role
• 10+ years experience in system-wide testing and commissioning for mass transit (including signaling, PSD, Comms, Power) with at least 8 years in technical management position