Systems Design Engineer
This vacancy has now expired.
MAIN OBJECTIVES & FUNCTIONS:
1. To produce end to end system solutions, cost-effective and low-risk designs compliant with customers’ requirements, through-life design, capable of onward implementation and support by the company.
2. Maintaining position as systems knowledge expert.
3. Proficient delivery of systems solutions in accordance with established contractual obligations and company process and procedures (Design Review, Configuration Control, System Acceptance and Documentation).
4. Working closely with project teams and recording any agreed tailoring of GPT System Engineering processes.
5. Provide technical architecture functions for bids and projects.
6. Support business development activity for new proposals and tasks.
7. Ensuring GPT Engineering governing principles are adhered to by delivery teams to maintain consistency and a high level of technical assurance.
8. To work closely with other business functions as part of project delivery (Customer, New Business, Project Delivery and Managed Services).
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
1. Experience and knowledge on System Engineering Lifecycle.
2. Knowledge in integration of systems and systems-of-systems.
3. Knowledge of IP Networks, IP Telephony, Encryption and Network Management.
4. Ability to technically manage sub-contractors.
5. Competent in the use of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
6. Ability to write technical requirements and design documents, scope of work, survey reports, technical presentation, acceptance and migration plan
7. Must have a flexible approach in supporting peers within the team
8. Self starter, able to work with a minimum of supervision.
9. Good communication skills -written and spoken.
10. Ability to communicate concisely at a senior level within the organisation.
11. Must have a flexible approach and be able to travel throughout KSA, potentially with the minimum of notice
12. High levels of drive and tenacity to achieve project timings.
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
1. Business experience in the Defence Sector.
2. Experience of living or working in the Middle East.