Systems Engineer – Spacecraft Ground Control
This vacancy has now expired.
makes the freedom of flight possible by designing, manufacturing and supporting the world’s best aircraft. Its people around the globe are united by a passion for aviation, as well as their desire to create better, more efficient ways for airlines and passengers to fly.
The successful applicant will be responsible to design, procure, deploy and verify the satellite flight operations system for the Galileo constellation.
The successful candidate will report to the Head of Systems Engineering and will take on significant responsibilities within the design team for Galileo GCS.
Tasks & accountabilities:
Your main tasks and responsibilities will be software systems engineering within the GCS (Ground Control Segment0 segment design team.
• Requirements analysis and functional decomposition;
• Design of software systems architectures
• Authoring of technical specifications.
• Interface definition;
• Technical review of software subsystems
• Technical analysis of system design issues
This role will involve some travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
Experience in the following areas would be beneficial:
- Deployment and integration of Satellite Flight Operations System and infrastructure;
- Knowledge of Flight Operations components, especially ESOC products
- Software Detailed Design, Implementation and Deployment
- Virtualised Infrastructures
- Satellites Ground Stations, (Telemetry and Telecommand)
- Network Architectures
- Security Constraints and Architectures
- System Performance budgeting;
- Interaction with the customer and suppliers
- Support for the deployment and verification of system
Some international travel may be required for business trips