Technical Administration Support
Power & Energy
This vacancy has now expired.
Our client is an Engineering Services company, who are an international technical consultancy, providing a range of services including licence to operate, asset management, manufacturing improvement and capital investment to customers in the chemical, petrochemical, oil & gas, pharmaceutical, manufacturing and consumer industries worldwide
The principal part of the role is developing Risk based Inspection plans for Inspection clients. The RBI process is team activity with our Clients. Its purpose is to identify the optimum inspection regime for pressure equipment and tanks. The administrator is responsible for gathering relevant engineering data, facilitating meetings, issuing reports and closing out actions. This is normally carried out at client premises. This can involve travel throughout the UK with overnight stays. A hire car is provided when significant travel is required.
Other duties include administering controlled equipment and ensuring training and competence records are up to date. Subject to suitable skills, the role could be developed to include contract management tasks preparing offers and planning work under the guidance of a lead Inspection Engineer.
This role will suit qualified persons seeking a first role in engineering or an experienced engineer looking to develop. Applicants should be educated to a minimum of ‘A’ level or ONC/ NVQ level 3 in a science or engineering discipline.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
Able to work with minimum supervision, your duties include:
• Reviewing drawings, reports and calculations for relevant data
• Comparing design and operational data from different sources to identify discrepancies
• Summarising historical data in an electronic database
• Succinctly summarising technical information given by functional specialists at RBI meetings. This is done electronically during the meeting hence applicants must be able to remain calm when others are watching them work.
• Allocating, recording and progressing actions
• Preparing standardised forms
• Filing records in a registry
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
A full UK driving licence is required and you must be willing to work away from home as the RBI team normally meet on client sites. It is essential you are able to work on your own with minimum supervision and have good verbal and written communication skills.
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
• Experience of chemical manufacturing or similar
• Knowledge of welding and fabrication techniques
• Knowledge of non destructive testing techniques