Technical Analyst - 31043
Our Client is a world leading Automotive OEM which is responsible for some of the most iconic 4x4's & Sports Cars produced. Due to the huge demand for current models and substantial investment in future projects there is a requirement for more resources across the business in engineering & manufacturing on a contract basis.
As a Technical Analyst within the Client's Special Vehicle Operations (SVO) Division you will be responsible for a variety of technically biased tasks, working to support engineers and managers. You will need to work with personnel from other departments and functions within the client, and possibly with external companies. Vehicle Engineering is the key technical coordination department for the product creation process. It has key deliverables ownership from early project definition milestones through to production. It has responsibilities ranging from concept development, vehicle target creation/balancing, through to attribute delivery, final engineering sign-off, prototype build planning and management of drive appraisals. As a Technical Analyst you will be an essential part of this, supporting the day to day activity of the VE team as well as supporting key programmes.
The role in SVO will cover both brands. Examples of recent range topping products, delivered by the SVO Vehicle Engineering team include: - Range Rover Sport SVR - Range Rover SV Autobiography, SV Autobiography Dynamic and Holland & Holland - F-Type SVR - Project 7 - Armoured products including Range Rover, Discovery and XJ.
Special Vehicle Operations is one pillar of the client's Special Operations division responsible for developing the strategy, product and process to deliver Special Vehicles. Operating as a business within the business and set up with a nimble/commercially-minded outlook. Our area is in a period of rapid growth and transformation, offering a unique opportunity to be part of, and lead, transformation of what we offer and how we do business.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
3 KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
1. Knowledge and understanding of mechanical/automotive engineering
2. MS Office and PC literate
3. Excellent communication skills: Ability to negotiate with other functions to achieve, for example, attribute objectives and resolve engineering issues/conflict.
- Higher Education engineering, or similar qualification (Degree, Diploma etc) Knowledge of general engineering principles relevant to the design, development, testing and manufacture of technically engineered products
- Knowledge of systems and tools used to develop engineering solutions eg CAD, CAE, FMEA, DFA. Ability to work with technical and commercial information. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills essential to liaising with a number of internal and external parties, and carrying out a range of work tasks PC Fluent (Email, Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
- Knowledge of the design and development of new automotive products
- Knowledge of product development systems used in the automotive industry
- Knowledge of quality tools used in industrial applications eg. DVP, FMEA
- Knowledge of issue tracking and release systems eg. BOM, AIMS, WERS
- Knowledge of vehicle homologation requirements Working knowledge of project planning tools eg MS Project
- Knowledge of materials used in modern vehicles ( eg. plastics, metals, composites and paint). "