Technical Application, Executive
• Responsible for application support which includes applications such as SAP, Livelink, Meridium, SmartPlant and other internal applications. Support is also responsible for corporate databases such as Oracle and SQL.
• Ensures any change requests related to any business critical application is completed. Ensure a proper procedure is in place to review, test, and implement any changes.
• Ensure proper planning is in place for all business critical applications to include fault tolerance, development/testing environments, backup and disaster recovery. Periodic testing of backups is required to ensure data can be recovered at any given point in time.
• Collaborate and proactively work with team members to ensure applications are functioning as efficiently as possible. Focus on the objective of ensuring minimal or zero downtime and disruption to all applications.
• Ensure timely resolution to any issue and establish Service Level Agreements for support of business critical application issues. Escalate any applications issue to the Lead ICT as required.
• Manage new applications and upgrades with 3rd party software providers. Coordinate to ensure proper planning for any updates or new requirements. Work with Infrastructure Engineer to communicate any additional requirements on the hardware or network infrastructure.
• Provide weekly and/or monthly reports to the Lead ICT. Highlight any successes, critical items and outstanding issues.
• Oversee all activities leading to the implementation and deployment of new systems into Production environment. Create an IT plan and checklist for all items to be performed prior to successful deployment.
• Lead the effective application and enforcement and continuous review of performance delivery standards to meet application user requirement and service level (i.e. speed of delivery, cycle time in development, etc.).
• Undertake selected in-house system development especially utilizing SharePoint collaboration tool and reporting, as agreed with Lead ICT.
• Manage the administration of system contracting and budgeting. Participate actively in the yearly planning cycle of contract and budget forecast.
• Undertake such other work as may be assigned which is consistent with the nature of the job and its level of responsibility.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related fields.
• Minimum 7 years prior Application support experience required.
• Exposure to Oil & Gas industry is an advantage.
• Good understanding and skills in multiple applications and database platforms (eg. SAP, Livelink, PDMS, SmartPlant, Meridium, Amulet, Oracle, SQL Server).
• Knowledge in SharePoint collaboration tool.
• Highly developed influencing & interpersonal skills.
• Experience of project management, planning & scheduling.
• Understand business analysis techniques and ability to turn requirement into service request.
• Experience in supporting E&P Applications, infrastructure and Operating system environments.
• Strong business acumen and understanding of the business enterprise framework architecture. Experience with EA, preferably in oil & gas industry.
• Other necessary proven leadership/supervisory abilities, presentation and written skills