Technical Product Support Engineer - MO60
Our client is one of the UK'S Largest Independent Suppliers of wheels, tyres, wheel assemblies, inner tubes and stub axles to the OEM market in a variety of specialist industrial sectors. Our client also specialises in tyre pressure monitoring systems for, cars, caravans, motorhomes, buses and commercial vehicles with a considerable library of background information and statistics about the safety, commercial and environmental impact of incorrectly inflated tyres.
• Installation and management of field trials of new products.
• Documentation of applications / installation guides for all products.
• Liaise with engineering and product management for resolution of complex vehicle related problems.
• Provide both remote and onsite technical support to customers, service partners and resellers.
• Manage the business relationship from a technical support perspective with all dealers and service partners
• Produce technical bulletins for customers, dealers and support personnel in a timely manner.
• Carry out audits on customer installations to ensure quality is maintained
• Training, both classroom and in field of European partners in all installation, commissioning and service processes.
• Work closely with the Customer Services Administrator to resolve in-bound technical vehicle problems and provide documented response to aid future enquiries of a similar nature.
• Assist with Customer trials, new vehicle applications and carry out installations as required, documenting all outputs and distributing as necessary
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Qualified Auto Electrician
• Self-motivated, able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Understanding of product portfolio and enthusiasm to keep abreast of new product introduction
• Attention to detail, good command of PC based applications
• Previous experience of in vehicle telematics installations
• Ability to analyse information and think strategically
• The role may require travel within both Europe and Internationally, including time away from home as required to support specific customer requirements
• Full clean driving licence