Technical Product Support Engineer - MO60
This vacancy has now expired.
Our client is one of the UK'S Largest Independent Suppliers of wheels, tyres, wheel assemblies, inner tubes and stub axles to the OEM market in a variety of specialist industrial sectors. Our client also specialises in tyre pressure monitoring systems for, cars, caravans, motorhomes, buses and commercial vehicles with a considerable library of background information and statistics about the safety, commercial and environmental impact of incorrectly inflated tyres.
• Installation and management of field trials of new products.
• Documentation of applications / installation guides for all products.
• Liaise with engineering and product management for resolution of complex vehicle related problems.
• Provide both remote and onsite technical support to customers, service partners and resellers.
• Manage the business relationship from a technical support perspective with all dealers and service partners
• Produce technical bulletins for customers, dealers and support personnel in a timely manner.
• Carry out audits on customer installations to ensure quality is maintained
• Training, both classroom and in field of European partners in all installation, commissioning and service processes.
• Work closely with the Customer Services Administrator to resolve in-bound technical vehicle problems and provide documented response to aid future enquiries of a similar nature.
• Assist with Customer trials, new vehicle applications and carry out installations as required, documenting all outputs and distributing as necessary
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Qualified Auto Electrician
• Self-motivated, able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Understanding of product portfolio and enthusiasm to keep abreast of new product introduction
• Attention to detail, good command of PC based applications
• Previous experience of in vehicle telematics installations
• Ability to analyse information and think strategically
• The role may require travel within both Europe and Internationally, including time away from home as required to support specific customer requirements
• Full clean driving licence