A global leader in hazardous and radioactive waste management services.
An exciting opportunity for a Technical Project Manager to join the team based at the nuclear site Winfrith due to business growth. The main purpose of the role is to identify, secure and deliver radioactive waste projects for nuclear and industrial clients using professional scientific, engineering and project management principles.
- Management of projects and tasks as directed by the Head of Technology / Technical Programme Manager - will involve full Project Management responsibility, cradle to grave.
- Working with the Head of Technology / Technical Programmes Manager / senior project managers to develop a full understanding of project requirements.
- Carry out costing's and establish projects in line with company internal management systems and procedures
- Work with line managers to secure & develop resources required to deliver tasks
- Utilise appropriate tools and software to forecast, control and report on project progress
- Accountable for Project planning and committing to customer milestones and internal deadlines.
- Ensure the relevant project risks are identified and managed / mitigated as appropriate
- Share best practice for project management and knowledge with staff to improve project management capability and to maximise profitability
- Support operational management through project financial planning & reporting, resourcing and attention to financial KPIs.
- Responsible for providing technical leadership, advice and guidance to customers and the business on radioactive waste throughout the waste lifecycle, with specialist knowledge in one or more areas of radioactive waste management
- To be a primary contact and build up strong working relationships with senior technical contacts at nuclear, industrial, waste recycling and disposal sites.
- Working with sales, commercial and operational teams to develop plans, bids and solutions to meet customer needs
Safety, Health, Environment and Quality
- Identify, implement and comply with applicable safety, environmental, quality, company procedures / policy, legislative and regulatory requirements
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- Radioactive waste management / decommissioning industry experience
- Degree qualified in relevant Science or Engineering Discipline or equivalent e.g. chemical, mechanical, physics
- Experienced in technical project management (or very strong background in radioactive waste industry and the right competences for project management)
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
- Working towards or holding one or more professional accreditations in Science, Engineering, Project Management
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.