Technical Sales Manager
oil and gas company
The Technical Sales Manager (TSM) will be responsible for growing, leading and developing strategy for calling on select oil and gas E&P Operators for the Company’s technical sales group. The TSM will build customer relationships while promoting the Company’s products, discussing hydraulic fracturing theory, and offering job design recommendations/support within E&P operators. The TSM will work closely with Basin Sales Directors to insure accurate flow of communication of operator job needs and requirements.
• Establish professional customer relationships with appropriate customer personnel (Service company technical teams, Completion Engineering Managers, Completions Engineers, Production Engineers and Frac Consultants).
• Assist E&P operators with job design recommendations/support so that they specify the company’s products.
• Travels throughout sales territory working with operators and service companies, gathering pertinent sales information, and seeking new opportunities.
• Reports detailed operator strategies and plans.
• Identify and engage key decision makers who influence proppant choices.
• Identify opportunities for industry papers/case studies and participate in the development of the materials and be willing to present the material at industry meetings and conferences.
• Stay current with hydraulic fracturing trends.
• Ability to perform other related/assigned duties, as necessary.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (or comparable degree) along with industry experience. Strong hydraulic fracturing theory and practical application experience and successful track record, a must.
• 5+ year’s hydraulic fracturing experience. Must possesses knowledge of completions
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Excellent knowledge of products, along with knowledge of markets and customers we serve.
• Willingness to travel 25%-40%.