Technical Support Senior Manager
This vacancy has now expired.
Our client is a Multinational Chemical company which will construct, own and operate a world-scale integrated chemicals complex in Saudi Arabia. Once completed, the complex will represent the largest petrochemical facility ever built in a single phase. Our client will establish a world-scale manufacturing footprint that delivers a full range of value-added, performance products destined for the emerging markets of Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and Africa.
Manage strategic and operational activities of the Technical Support Division covering Specialty, Project Improvement & Development and Computer-Aided Engineering (CAE) teams to ensure compliance with the company’s quality standards and requirements.
1. Champion IP Protection for Manufacturing and Engineering organization. Ensure protection of licensor IP and high compliance to IP policies.
2. Manage the Licensor Technology transfer to the client. Ensure that effective measures are in place for its handling to meet Licensor’s legal requirements for IP protection.
3. Champion process and personal safety across Engineering Department in compliance with the EH&S guidelines and regulations.
4. Support strategic turn-around planning with operations and the creditor-lender testing.
5. Support the CAE and Specialty group to resolve all short and long-term technical issues related to operation, maintenance, reliability and integrity.
6. Support the Project Improvement & Development group in ensuring that project scoping, execution and implementation are properly done, in accordance with the company goals and standards.
7. Lead the development of the Licensor Warrantee Execution work process.
8. Support the overall Engineering department training systems and career development plan. Analyze and address gaps.
9. Improve productivity by identifying deficiencies and recommend solutions for changes in tools, training, processes and reporting.
10. Lead efforts and continuous improvement initiatives in terms of efficiency of support processes and the application and optimization of various tools.
11. Maximize outside technical resources from third party contractors, partners, licensors, engineering offices and other material suppliers.
12. Participate actively, where appropriate, in Program Leveraged Agreements (PLA).
13. Coordinate with the Operations, Maintenance & Engineering leadership teams to align interrelated goals and ensure operational efficiency and consistency.
14. Responsible for safety, efficiency, productivity and overall performance for all activities within the Specialty, Project Improvement & Development, and CAE teams.
15. Perform any job-related activities as requested or deemed supporting the enterprise.
1. Direct and manage respective Units in performing their roles, responsibilities and delegated tasks.
2. Manage and oversee the day-to-day work performed by Division staff.
3. Conduct performance evaluation reviews for direct reports, identify and ensure they acquire the required managerial or functional skills and knowledge.
4. Provide input in setting the Department’s annual budget, in accordance with the Function’s strategic goals and objectives.
5. Ensure all tasks and activities are performed in accordance with the clients policies and procedures.
6. Assess the current skill set of employees and identify the need for development programs.
7. Motivate, coach, develop and support respective employees
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Essential: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
• Innovative approach
• Analytical skills
• Mentoring & coaching