Technology Center Asscoiate
Our client is a Multinational Chemical company which will construct, own and operate a world-scale integrated chemicals complex in Saudi Arabia. Once completed, the complex will represent the largest petrochemical facility ever built in a single phase. Our client will establish a world-scale manufacturing footprint that delivers a full range of value-added, performance products destined for the emerging markets of Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and Africa.
Under the supervision of the Technical Support Sr. Manager, the incumbent is responsible for the manufacturing envelope’s technical support, selection and application of technology, use of management systems and tools that enable the protection of the clients intellectual property, and ensure that an active improvements program is in place. The TCA is the primary focal point for the envelope’s licensor and Dow Technology Center interactions and will ensure all pertinent licensor information is stored in a site memory bank. Specifically, the incumbant must possess and utilize the following attibutes and skills to carry out their day to day activitites:
– In-depth understanding of all envelope technologies
– Problem solving and troubleshooting capability
– Ability to work across functions and cultures
– Understand and use the clients work processes
– Proficient in information technology.
– Possess technical knowledge of the physical, chemical, and work processes involved in achieving business objectives
– Ability to effectively apply skills to multiple tasks simultaneously
1. Implement business manufacturing deliverables.
2. Serve as the primary subject matter expert for the manufacturing envelope and provide technical support, problem solving and troubleshooting.
3. Actively apply and influence standardization of Best Practices.
4. Conduct technology reviews to identify gaps and/or deficiencies in technology and develop action plans for correction.
5. Understand and use process-modeling tools.
6. Document and communicate technology knowledge
7. Manage the MOC process for the manufacturing envelope with assistance from the Process Safety Technology Leader (PSTL) and Reactive Chemicals Subject Matter Expert (RC SME).
8. Develop and maintain technology training and mentor/train personnel as needed.
9. Proactively ensure compliance with all applicable client Loss Prevention Principles
10. Develop and document technology operating discipline
11. Participate in determining root causes for unplanned events and help define best solutions. Evaluate and communicate issues/hazards/safety issues as needed.
12. Drive safety/environment improvements in the manufacturing envelope.
13. Serve as the communication focal point for the manufacturing envelope’s technology licensors and the Dow Technology Centers
14. Support and use the clients work processes to ensure plants operate safely and efficiently.
15. Benchmark and analyze internal and external (where possible) performance gaps using statistical applications where appropriate
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
BS in Chemical, Mechanical engineering, or equivalent is required. Must have a very good understanding of all manufacturing envelope technology.
Experience in a technical position after leaving university
Experience in the manufacturing envelope’s technology (Polyethylene)