Test and Validation Engineer
Power & Energy
This vacancy has now expired.
Our client is a Global Research and Development engineering group and one of the world’s largest electronics manufacturers
The Test & Validation team has expanded in recent years and has developed a test automation capability with integrated test management. The team has skills in software and hardware and has developed relationships with suppliers in order to enhance team capability and product quality.
As a Test and Validation Engineer you will design and implement test systems to demonstrate all functionality and the complex behaviours of the automated test systems. Working with a team of engineers you will own and deliver solutions to meet the requirements of the business and customers.
This role includes technical decision making and analysis, developing automated test systems using NI LabVIEW. Test execution and management using IBM Rational products. You will be the technical interface to the project managers and product design team. We will provide training opportunities and the culture of continuous personal development. All we need now is you to:
• Understand the product and its detailed design.
• Definition of design validation test plans to ensure that the product complies with the specification.
• Technical support during the validation process. You will be able to analyse failures to root cause, then design updates to the test system to ensure compliance of product.
• The ability to identify product defects and manage to closure.
• Work with the project manager to plan timeline and budget for projects.
• Work with a team of Test, Software, Electronics and Mechanical engineers within a global organisation.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Minimum BEng/ BSc in software / electronic / Physics / other technical discipline.
• Experience of working in an engineering and testing environment.
• Knowledge of software lifecycle development.
• Experience of using test tools.
• Knowledge of whole lifecycle development.
• Good team player with experience of working within an engineering environment.
• Good communicator and strong technical documentation skills.
• Flexible and adaptable, able to manage multiple tasks.
• Experience of analysing specifications and designing test cases.
• Positive “Can-Do” attitude and the motivation to make a big difference in the business performance.
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
• Knowledge and experience of programming
• Working knowledge of process improvement i.e. Lean, Six Sigma.
• Not afraid to question
• A passion for learning.