Test Engineer - 48240
Our Client is a large Automotive and Commercial Vehicle OEM, with a requirement for more resources across the business in engineering on a contract basis. These opportunities are typically based in their research and development facility located in Dunton which is the largest automotive technical centre in the United Kingdom.
- Conduct powertrain and vehicle durability and performance testing to ensure that component and/or system designs meet design specifications, government regulations and established product objectives.
- Ensure that incomplete, ambiguous or conflicting test inputs are resolved with originators.
- Design and specify test rigs, fixtures and other special equipment. Ensure that equipment and facilities meet all engineering requirements.
- Provide guidance, advice and technical instructions to hourly paid personnel in order to ensure test objectives are met without compromise to Health & Safety or legal requirements.
- Plan, conduct and monitor tests. Evaluate test results and issue test reports. Investigate in-test failures and promptly report findings to test requestors where appropriate, develop potential solutions with requesting activities.
- Strong technical aptitude and a proven ability to work within a team and build strong relationships.
- A self-starter, with the motivation to deliver high quality and accurate output to a deadline.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines at short notice.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
Experience with mechanical test rigs, servo hydraulic and pneumatic controls and test instrumentation would be beneficial. Proven experience within a test based environment would be beneficial.
Degree in Automotive Engineering or equivalent