Transmission Calibration Engineer
This vacancy has now expired.
Is a leading Automotive manufacturer with a reputation for outstanding quality the world over. With demand increasing and an upturn in production, there is a need to bring further skills into the business to deliver on current and future projects.
Main Purpose of Role
To provide expert theoretical and practical capability for automatic transmission calibration, to be aware of, and to understand in detail, the latest developments in the automatic transmissions and to engineer the appropraite calibration to suit the transmission system and the company's products.
Scope of Role
- Responsible for Technical supplier management, with specific responsiblity to ensure shift quality is achieved to an appropriate level.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining technical knowledge/capability.
- Responsible for defining and palnning own work for approval by Senior Engineer/Functional Mnager.
- Responsible for calibration of automatic transmission systems to delivery shift schedules that are suitable for the platform application which, when introduced into production are safe, legal and otherwise fit for purpose (including satisfying product liability requirements) and represents the best compromise between company and customer needs.
- Accountable for planning, monitoring and expediting all test, validations and certification of systems/components to demonstrate successful achievement of the above.
- Accountable for the timely realease of calibrations for prototype build and production, and for timely delivery of all product engineering activities required to achieve timely vehicle launch to quality cost.
- Appropriate engineering degree or extensive experience.
- Solid experience working as a calibration engineer in the automotive industry.