Transport Manager - Radioactive waste
Oil & Gas
This vacancy has now expired.
A leading radioactive waste management company.
We are looking for a transport manager to be based on site at Winfrith, Dorset working for our client, a leading hazardous waste company. The main purpose of the role is to ensure compliance with the appropriate regulations for radioactive material and dangerous goods transport via road, rail, air or sea.
Candidates should have a minimum of 5 years (10+ desirable) experience within the radioactive / hazardous waste industry and should have an in depth and up to date knowledge of ADR for road transport, IATA for air transport, IDMG for sea transport, and IAIA for all modes of transport, packaging and labelling.
· To be a primary contact and build up strong working relationships with consignors and carriers of waste.
· Provide advice and internal training on the regulatory requirements of transport of radioactive materials and dangerous goods.
· Act as the RAM Transport consignor for waste moves. This may be onsite or off site and could be in the UK or overseas.
· Ensure that all offsite packages comply with regulations and that all approvals are valid.
· Approve the movement of fissile materials and perform accountancy function using the ATOM database.
· Carry out Duty of Care Audits on companies providing a RAM transport service and customers consigning waste to Winfrith.
· Maintain all legal records.
· Act as a design authority for client Inutec flasks. Responsible for submissions to Department for Transport (DfT) for package approval.
· Prepare and issue package design safety report (DSR), certificate of approval (CoA), operating and handling instructions (OHI) and act as formal interface with UK competent authority.
· Assemble information to justify existing DSR, CoA, and OHI against updated / new regulations.
· Arrange for inspection, maintenance and repair of transport related equipment as required.
· Arrange export licences / overseas permit, transfrontier shipment approval and certificates of financial approvals as required.
· Responsible for providing technical leadership, advice and guidance to customers and the client business on radioactive waste transport issues and requirements of legislation.
· Working with client sales, commercial, operational teams and transport carriers to develop plans, bids and solutions to meet customer needs
Safety, Health, Environment and Quality:-
· Identify, implement and comply with applicable safety, environmental, quality, company procedures / policy, legislative and regulatory requirements
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• A minimum of 5 years experience and knowledge of radioactive waste and dangerous good transport
• In depth knowledge / up to date qualifications and experience of ADR for road transport, IATA for air transport, IMDG for sea transport and IAIA for all modes of transport, packaging and labelling.
• Computer literate
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
• 10+ years experience and knowledge of radioactive waste and dangerous good transport
• Qualified to degree level in a relevant Science or Engineering Discipline
• Should be prepared to undertake DGSA training