Our Client specialises in the design and manufacture of Formula 1 racing engines and hybrid power systems.
The role of a Tribologist is to be the technical focal point for all tribological issues, including oil development and lubrication. We are looking for candidates who are capable of delivering solutions of the highest standard on fast paced and technically challenging projects.
Role Specific Accountabilities
• Delivering world class engineering solutions of the highest quality in order to meet project targets
• Definition, management and execution of a holistic programme to advance all tribological issues pertinent to the powerunit, including friction reduction, bearing load enhancement and wear minimisation.
• Maintain a view of the state of the art in tribology, and identify new technologies & advances appropriate for the powerunit.
• Devise and implement methodologies for the measurement of friction on the engine and engine sub systems
• Review, devise and develop appropriate means of testing bearing/oil situations in order that the oils/components can be tested in manner representative of the engine on test rigs
• Be the principle interface between Company and lubricant partners.
• Guide the oil development programmes of our lubricant partners.
• Investigate and lead the development of numerical analytical methods of modelling friction and lubrication
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Materials Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Physics Degree - Minimum 2:1 standard
• Second degree in Tribology• 2+ years’ experience in challenging, and relevant engineering environment
• Rounded knowledge of oil lubricated Tribology.
• Experience of conducting research & development projects
• Experience in modelling of lubrication problems/situations
• Knowledge of engine oil formulations.
• Be highly self-motivated, proactive and have good organisation skills
• Be creative, innovative and inquisitive
• Have close attention to detail, and be driven to deliver engineering of the highest quality
• Have excellent problem solving skills
• Have good verbal and written communication skills
• Be a team player, promoting a diverse culture of collaboration
• Demonstrate pragmatism, accountability and credibility
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
• Knowledge of surface modification techniques
• Knowledge of measurement of on engine friction and lubrication conditions
• Chartered Professional Registration
• Have previous experience in a technical environment
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft’s services.
For further information or to discuss any opportunities, Contact Stephen Robinson at Fircroft on + 1925 281 639