Utilities Construction Supervisor
Oil & Gas
This vacancy has now expired.
Our Client is an International Oil and Gas Operator involved in 2 of Australia's largest LNG Projects based in Western Australia. Spending more than 20 years building a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve world-class performance, our client places the highest of priority on developing a strong safety focused culture.
An opportunity is open for a Utilities Construction Supervisor role to join the construction team.
Duties and Responsibilities;
• Provide visible HES leadership in the field, promoting Zero Accident and IIF culture with the workforce.
• Provide and reinforce ZAP HES messages to contractor workforce at prestart meetings, safety stand-downs, as well as individually on one-on-one basis in the field.
• Actively participate in and promote Managing Safe Work and Behavioural Observation programs.
• Actively participate in HES Audits, Field Reviews and Incident Investigations to ensure quality and effectiveness.
• Ensure HES fluency and active participation of personnel within the Company Utilities Construction group.
• Assurance of Utilities Construction Scope. Develop and maintain fluency in utilities construction contracts, designs and specifications, plans and schedules, and quality assurance processes.
• Provide constructability input to Utilities Construction planning.
• Review upcoming work scope and plans to anticipate problems with work scope priorities and sequencing and to help guide resolution of these problems before they impact critical progress.
• Monitor Contractor/sub-contractor technical performance at site during construction for all utilities work scope, including camp and plant, temporary and permanent, utilities systems to ensure overall safe execution of the project.
• This will include monitoring compliance with the HES Management Plan, technical requirements, construction plans, and permitting requirements.
• Report any non-compliance issues and work with contractor to correct as required. Elevate any issues as required for resolution.
• Address ongoing utilities construction field clashes and problems, field design and spec deviations and field NCR’s to ensure continuity of utilities construction execution in accordance with project objectives.
• Review and assure utilities construction execution in accordance with quality assurance guidelines and objectives.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
You must possess the following qualification;
Education: Mechanical Engineering Degree or Mechanical Trade
Experience: 10 years minimum (must have Oil and Gas experience preferably LNG)
• Strong communication skills – both verbal and written, able to work in a team, capable of building good working relationships with Contractor and Subcontractor.
• Hold HSE as a value and be committed to influencing others in this regard
Certification: B.Eng Mech preferable
Additional Comments: Position duration is 12 months, located in Onslow, working 11 hour days, 28/28 day roster.