Our client is an innovative software and technology company dedicated to the needs of the transport industry.
This role could be based on our Derby or London offices, with regular travel between the two locations likely.
We are looking for an energetic and creative UX Designer to join our development teams. We are building a set of new services with the aim of improving the commuter and consumer experience of rail and supporting the operation of its complex supply chain, as well as constantly improving our existing services to our large client base.
We currently provide control systems and engineering support systems to rail businesses in the UK and overseas. We have recently brought new products to our existing markets that, with the supporting infrastructure, enable us to deliver innovative new products by extracting and collecting data and to reach out to the industry’s consumers.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
The key attributes we will be looking for are:
- Evidenced experience of creating engaging user experiences with both new, innovative products as well as face-lifting existing, large scale products
- Experience designing for desktop applications, web applications and mobile applications in both Android and iOS
- Executing interaction design and visual design as a part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Exceptional design skills, production value and attention to detail
- Awareness of latest industry trends in UX design across multiple platforms and the ability to bring those into our organisation
- Ability to engage in multiple projects simultaneously, ask tough questions, challenge assumptions and drive for results
- Ability to engage with senior stakeholders in our business to elicit views on customer demand and turn these into deliverables that meet the customer need
- Understanding of common software project management tools and techniques
- Understanding of common software development tools and techniques
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, leadership, and negotiating skills
- Strong personal drive and a desire to succeed