Vessel Construction Manager
Oil & Gas
This vacancy has now expired.
A leading international Oil & Gas company
TCO will be engaging a shipping contractor (the “RIWS/Caspian Contractor”) to fabricate a number Module Carrying Vessels (MCVs) and a number of barges and then operate them to transport hydrocarbon production modules through the Russian Inland Water System into the Caspian Sea. These vessels are approximately 130m long and 17m wide and will be fabricated at multiple locations (two sites in Romania, one in Southeast Asia).
The primary role of this position is to perform oversight of vessel construction processes through all phases from first steel to final delivery and to advise FGP logistics team in Farnborough UK of technical / fabrication / delivery scheduling issues as they may arise. This will need personal oversight through travel and also by utilising and managing three incountry teams.
• Direct & recent experience as part of a site team overseeing fabrication of vessels (ships) or floating production facility hulls
• Experience with overseeing marine systems testing, commissioning and startup activities
• Experience working & interfacing with classification societies and functional understanding of class rules
• Ability to independently track and gage vessel (ship) fabrication progress
• Ability to work effectively as a member of a project representative within a multidiscipline work team, fostering an effective working relationship with thirdparty contractors
• Strong communication skills and experience with contract administration protocols, management of change
• General knowledge / understanding of welding processes and inspection
• General knowledge / understanding of marine mechanical and electrical systems
• Ability to maintain a positive “JV” type working relationship while successfully influencing in key areas
• Previous fabrication oversight experience for an operator is considered a strong advantage
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Minimum Years of Industry Specific Experience: 10 years
• Minimum Years of Total Experience: 15 years