Waterflood & MoC Engineering Manager
Oil & Gas
A major international oil and gas operator.
The Waterflood Engineering Manager is responsible for the identification, prioritization and elimination of problems in all engineered equipment including rotating equipment (pumps and motors), piping, tanks, vessels, pipelines, control systems, electrical systems and associated utilities. The Waterflood Engineering Manager is expected to take a ‘hands on’ approach to problem solving but can draw on a team of senior discipline engineers and operations staff to support him/her. The incumbent would be expected to spend their time approximately 20% in the Field and 80% in the offices.
The role also includes responsibility for the Management of Change system on behalf of the entire business. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring the MoC process is fit for purpose as well as ensuring it is implemented effectively. This responsibility starts with the initiation of an MoC and ends with final closure.
The Waterflood and Management of Change Engineering Manager reports to the Engineering Services Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities to include:
• Provision of engineering support to the Waterflood Operations Manager. This support will range from minor problem solving through to the development of scopes of work for major brownfield projects.
• Responsibility for the successful implementation of the Management of Change process.
• Contract management. This may include the entire contracting process, from the development of scopes of work through to contract award and implementation.
• Guide and mentor Iraqi engineers
• Conduct and lead root cause failure analysis.
• Participate in or lead incident investigations.
• Provide analytical troubleshooting skills to the Waterflood team.
• Apply fit for purpose, simple and pragmatic engineering solutions to a wide array of operational challenges.
• Exhibit leadership and coaching skills for more Junior National staff.
• Follow safe work practices.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Educated to degree level in a relevant engineering discipline, such as mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, control engineering or electrical engineering.
• Professional accreditation such as Chartered engineer (UK), Professional Engineer (USA / Canada) or Eur Ing (Europe) or equivalent.
• Extensive proven experience within the oil and gas industry, a significant portion of which should be onshore experience. Middle East experience is preferred.
• Experience of extensive, mature operations dealing with the typical challenges that arise such as asset integrity, obsolete equipment, lack of documentation etc.
• Experience of brownfield projects, acting either for the Client or the Contractor
• Experience of managing contracts.
• Experience with managing an MoC process.
• Proven ability to lead a team of professional engineers
• Proven ability to coach and mentor national engineers
• Broad understanding of a range of engineering disciplines.
• Experience of Join
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
• Personal commitment to personal and process safety
• Good interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to thrive in a multi-cultural environment.
• Positive attitude, commitment and a team player with drive and energy
• Systematic approach to the identification, prioritization and resolution of problems
• Demonstrate personal integrity in all aspects of the job
• Physically capable of spending significant time in the field in harsh climatic conditions.