Oil & Gas
This vacancy has now expired.
TITLE: Welding Engineer
Reports to: QC Manager
Supervises: Welding engineers, Inspectors, Steel structure Supervisors, Subcontractors
Work Location: Module Yard at Tianjin, China
Assignment Status: Single
Duration: from January 2015 until 31 August 2016 (subject to the work situation)
Standard Working Hours: 10 hours per normal working day x 6 days per week (Mon. - Sat., 60 hours/week)
Living Allowance: US$ 930/Month
Overtime: Not applicable.
Rotation: 3 calendar months worked followed by 14 consecutive calendar days (unpaid) plus 2 unpaid travelling days.
Apartment Accommodation (Fully furnished): To be provided, incl. Utility cost
Shared Transportation: To be provided
Air tickets for Mobilization/Demobilization/Home Leave: Economy Class
Visa in China: To be arranged (support incl. timely docs preparation by Employee to be required). Note: You may be requested to obtain Visit Visa for the initial stage in your country. University degree is required for visa
1. Supervise steel structure inspector, subcontractors' QC supervisor / inspectors in performing inspection and testing of the designated discipline or items.
2. Direct, control and coordinate qualification of welding procedures / welders, welder performance control, welding material control and all welding inspections.
3. Supervise and coordinate the inspection activities related to NDT, PWHT, PMI, pipe bending and material testing.
4. Check inspection results and quality performance.
5. Assist the QC Manager, Engineer, inspector in resolving quality problems related to welding and materials.
6. Review and approves welding and NDT procedures issued by the subcontractors.
7. Interpret RT of welding as final evaluation by CONTRACTOR as required.
8. Prepare QC surveillance reports and report to the QC Manager on any findings during daily monitoring and / or witness inspection.
9. Issue non-conformance reports, under the direction of the QC Manager, if there are major findings.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
University degree is a must for visa purposes.
Minimum 8 years experience of welding inspection activities in the construction industry for oil and gas processing, petrochemical or refinery process plant.