An international Oil & Gas Operator
The role of the Well Engineering Manager is to manage detailed design of wells and to execute drilling campaigns for Company assets worldwide and to give oversight for the company during non operated well campaigns.
The Well Engineering Manager is responsible for providing well engineering technical and operational advice, guidance and services as required for:
* Initial scoping covering of prospects prior to bidding for acreage,
* Input to field development plans,
* Exploration, development and workover campaign planning and execution
* Involvement in non-operated activities; and
* Life-cycle oversight of operated wells.
The Well Engineering Manager is also responsible for providing Technical Support for all well intervention activities, including rig-less well services / intervention that may be performed on an Asset.
Overall objectives / Key Areas of Performance:
* Ensure that all work complies with Local legislation, Internal Standards and Industry standards / best practice encompassing covering SH&E, technical and operational
* Represent Company interests in external dealing with partners, contractors, consultants and industry forums
* Develop technical standards and guidelines to be used across all Regions.
* Review and approval of all critical well equipment for first application on wells.
* Advise and direct investigation into equipment failures and issue technical bulletins.
* Monitor drilling and completions performance against KPI targets.
* Oversee quality and utility of Drilling database.
* Provide independent well examination for wells.
* Steward the training and development of the Drilling Engineers in the Worldwide Drilling Team.
* Participate in technical review of drilling and completions aspects of development plans in capital submissions.
- Minimum of 15 years of international experience in the oil and gas industry covering a broad range of job functions covering Drilling Engineering, Completion Engineering, Drilling Supervision, Drilling Superintendent, Drilling Management etc.
- Management of operations in various environments including; Onshore: Remote locations with complex logistical issues & Offshore: Experience of Jackup and semi-submersible operations.
- Experience of a wide range of well engineering activities including the planning and executing of complex well designs (inc Horizontal, multi lateral, etc), and Sub Sea Wells.
- 3 - 5 years experience working with a major oil company in technically advanced operating area (such as the North Sea) where exposure to a competent management system of performing an well delivery role was experienced
- Minimum of 3 years of experience managing a engineering teams consisting of a mix of staff and consultants within a medium sized Oil Company
- Proven track record of consistently delivering well campaigns within budget, schedule, SHE and quality targets
- Excellent inter-personal and relationship skills.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in an engineering discipline.
- Fluency in written and spoken use of the English language is required. Knowledge of other languages would be an advantageous.
- Excellent written, spoken communication and presentation skills are required.
- Ability to work in a geographically dispersed virtual team is required. This will include the need for regular travel.
- Ability to proactively react to continually changing levels of business work load
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
* Expert technical and analytical skills
* High technical and personal work standards
* Innovation and creativity
* Communication and influencing skills
* Project Management Skills
* Technical report writing and presentation skills
* Willingness to travel
* Ability to work on own initiative
* Setting goals and achieving them
* Meeting deadlines and targets
* Ability to work at all levels of complexity
* Motivating others to achieve targets
* Flexibility to adapt to changes
* Management, Leadership & Development of others
* Managing diverse groups