This week we sat down with Gemma and asked her a few questions as she starts her new role within Fircroft.
1. Tell us a little about your new role? What does it entail? Are there any particular parts of the role that you think will be particularly challenging / rewarding?
Since moving over to the Automotive team mid Feb from Oil & Gas, I have continued to work as a Recruitment Consultant, now focusing on placing Technical Engineers within Automotive OEM and Tier 1 Suppliers.
Challenges have included learning about a new industry and specific demands from the clients. So far I have been successful in placing Technical Engineers in roles such as Audio Engineer, Project Engineer and Facilities Engineer.
2. What do you think of Fircroft?
Fircroft is an excellent company to work for and are very helpful in supporting growth within recruitment and personal development.
3. Tell us a little about your previous work experience- have you got a background in technical recruitment? Or is this a completely new role for you?
I joined Fircroft with 1 year experience and have spent the last 2 ½ years focusing on Technical Recruitment within the Oil & Gas industry.
4. What do you like best about working in recruitment?
Recruitment is a rewarding career and I enjoy helping people find their dream jobs.
5. Fircroft has offices across the globe. If you could go and visit any of them, which one would you choose?
Australia would definitely be the first on my list having previously travelled there before it is somewhere I wish to go back to.