This site, www.fircroft.com, is owned and operated by Fircroft Engineering Services Ltd. Fircroft Engineering Services Ltd is the data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998.
This policy together with our terms and conditions and any other documents referred to in it sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. If you do not agree to our processing of your data in the manner set out below, please do not submit any personal data to us.
Information we may collect from you.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.fircroft.com (“our site”). This includes information that you provide to us at the time of registering to use our site (including information which you provide to us on your CV).
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site with us or with the agencies or employers with whom we work.
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with the services or information that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post, telephone or electronic means.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users.
Disclosure of your information
We may make your personal information available to agencies and employers who subscribe with us or use our Website, who may then use that information to contact you by email, telephone, post, fax or SMS.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiary companies, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiary companies.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Fircroft Engineering Services Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions to and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Fircroft Engineering Services Ltd our customers, or others.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers or to agencies or employers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where you have chosen a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner agencies and employers, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Thank you for visiting our website.