This month we welcome Fay McNamara to the Fircroft family. We sat down with Fay and asked her a few questions as she starts life in her new role as Account Co-ordinator.
- Tell us a little about your new role? What does it entail? Are there any particular parts of the role that you think will be particularly challenging / rewarding?
My new role involves a lot of interaction with contractors, clients, my team and other departments within Fircroft, meaning I work in a dynamic atmosphere. In essence the role entails on and off boarding of contractors and being a point of contact for any queries/issues that the contractor or client may have. There can be a lot of problem solving and when you can resolve an issue and provide a great service it is very rewarding. I enjoy my role being fast paced and versatile and not knowing what each day will bring!
- What do you think of Fircroft?
I have been with Fircroft for three years now and I have experienced a lot of changes with the company, I think there are still a lot of exciting things to come with new opportunities and new systems etc.
Although, I do believe that what makes Fircroft great are the people here, I have so many fantastic friends and colleagues that make working here great!
- Tell us a little about your previous work experience- have you got a background in technical recruitment? Or is this a completely new role for you?
I have previously worked on the Contractor Services Team here which enabled me to gain experience in three different departments; Travel, Insurance and Visas, these roles helped me to develop my flexibility and organisational skills as quite a lot of the time scenarios were last minute and urgent. They also had a lot of contractor and supplier interaction. I also had the opportunity to complete a three month secondment last year on the power & energy team which gave me good experience and a feel for this role.
- What do you like best about working in recruitment?
I think that the industries that Fircroft operate in are interesting to read about on the news and also work in. I like how recruitment is fast paced and has to be adaptable to current trends, which means it’s an exciting place to be in.
- Fircroft has offices across the globe. If you could go and visit any of them, which one would you choose?
I only like to go to places that I have never been before. I think that Alaska looks beautiful and somewhere that I would really like to visit!